Friday, 17 January 2014

Language register


Due too the genre of magazine that I intend too do, I wish too use a range of colloquial lexis in order too create a synthetic personalisation with the audience. I want my magazine to still be seen as formal by setting a formal tone with the use of vairied sentence structures and a choice of different lexis (polysyllabic), but I do not want it too be too complicated and formal because it is a 'pop' magazine. I do not want too create a magazine that is seen as 'jokey' and completely informal due too my main target audience being those that would be interested in pop/rnb and those who want to know what is happening and get straight too the point. 

On the front cover I could possibly use synthetic personalisation, possible puns and colloquial language that would o entice my reader too read the magazine due to the friendly and easy-too-read cover. Meanwhile, on my contents page, a more formal approach could be used in order  too get straight too the point of whats in store due to the contents being a  vital piece of information. Yet, I could still use certain strap lines within my contents too keep a simple tone with for my reader. 

My main target audience for my magazine is aimed at both women and men yet women tend take a stronger interest in the pop industry due too the famously well-known female pop artist (like the ones I have chosen), and therefore, I would want to obtain a form of relationship with the reader yet aim too still be informative. I could show this throughout an interview which would set a more realistic colloquial tone that could be used on my double page spread. 






1 comment:

  1. Good observations and ideas; try copying and pasting blog pots into word to spell-check etc as there are a number of errors ( spelling and grammar) here whig could be avoided to make posts look more professional.

    ReplyDelete