Inspirational music magazine covers
The specific aspects that appealed to me about these covers was the way in which the main image is so striking and very aesthetically pleasing by grabbing the target audiences attention. Both the Lady Gaga covers for Q and NME represent a provocative and unique style, fully connoting her image. The Beyonce Billboard magazine cover portrays a seductive and invitational appearance the audience(s) by looking directly out as if she is looking directly at you in a provocative manor. Lastly, the above I-D cover, I found, was very unique and interesting. The use of the bright yellow masthead contrasts greatly with the black and white main image, which draws the audiences view to the make of the make of magazine- promoting it even more. The use of the half-face face paint creates a very unique image by reflecting a more dark and gothic appeal to it yet still showing the normal faced part of the model as well.




What appealed about these covers? I know we discussed them in the lesson but what struck you about these strong images of confident female artists? They all very different.
ReplyDelete