I believe that the biggest progression that I have made throughout the magazine coursework task was how my skills throughout the use of the editing software such as PhotoShop which I can now use more confidently and professionally. I also believe that I now have a clearer understanding of how magazines are created within the media industry and I now know the processes that it goes through such as the research and planning, analysis' and design work.
My understanding of technology has improved dramatically throughout the use of the Photoshop software, by my knowledge and understanding of how too use the programme has allowed me to create my final product. Looking back at my prelim and other small tasks created with Photoshop, I can see that hey were all made of a much lower standard and created much more simply due to my lack of knowledge on the software. But looking at my final piece, I can definitely see that it is made of a much higher standard. The tools that I have used throughout the making processes of my product outcome has allowed me to not only understand the basic tools such as cropping, re-sizing and changing the layers on Photoshop; but has allowed me to understand more challenging methods that have lead me to achieve a professional looking product. I believe that now I have a clear understanding of the technological processes that needs to be undergone in order to create a media product and so I believe that not I can independently create something of a high standard.
I also believe that my knowledge of the magazine and media industry has vastly improved throughout all of the magazine analysis' and the research into different distribution companies, designers and brands. I feel that by understanding and gaining more knowledge in this field has helped me to fully understand what it takes to create a successful product and how it needs too directly appeal to the target market in hand. I have understood this through the various media conventions and how the product needs to conform to them. I have found that I have developed these understandings throughout the feedback from my peers and mentors that have helped me to self-evaluate my work, and how I can alter my product to be a realistic resemblance of a distributed product.
I believe that the most evident progression from my preliminary task is the layout of the font and positioning of the text(s). Even though I didn't finish my second prelim, I have found that not much thought and detail went into the construction of my preliminary task, there were no precise measurements and margins and it was very simple. The images that I used were not ones that I did not take due to the images that I wanted to capture would of been too challenging for a prelim, and so the images that I did choose were not of a high standard and made my product appear simple and of very low standard. On the other hand, my final magazine piece clearly shows a contrast in technique, layout, and understanding of the software a lot more and conveys the clear progression throughout the task.
Throughout the processes of my prelim and other small tasks using the Photoshop software and to my final product, I have found a large improvement within the aesthetics of the piece and how my knowledge and understanding of the software has allowed me to create a media product with conventions within layout and design in mind. I have found that with my prelim and other magazine draft ideas, I kept the design layout simple due to my lack of understanding of how to create an effective piece using the given software. Bu now, I believe that I can create an effective product that challenges the original conventions of a magazine and create exactly what I hoped for. Research and planning has enabled me to create a product that I believe follows the conventions of well-known, successful music magazines (such as Q for my contents page) and allowed me to fully understand how to create a successful product. I believe that when creating my prelim, I did not do enough research into magazine conventions, designers, distributors and photographers that I needed to help me produce a realistic, high-strandard product.
No comments:
Post a Comment