Friday, 21 March 2014

6.What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Editing technology software: 

Computer:  For the majority of the making process, I used the school Mac books during lesson times and free study periods. I felt more comfortable completing the work at school on the Mac books than at home due too the HD screens and the full Photoshop software. The easy too use Mac software allowed me too use the same computer every lesson due too my work saving onto that specific Mac which I found a lot more useful. I made use of the given time in order to ensure that i got the work completed on time.    

Ribbet: Throughout all of my photo's that i have incorporated onto my magazine piece, I have used the editing software site of Ribbet that has allowed me too perfect my images through the use of simplistic effects (such as black & white, sepia, act) , auto-fixing, and special effects that have made my model appear more perfected. The main tools that used were the auto-fixing, eye-liner tool, lipstick tool, eyebrow tool, airbrush and the highlighting effect which has given me much better quality photographs.

AbodePhotoshopCS6Extended:  This is the editing software that I used too construct my whole magazine piece throughout the processes. When originally starting to use photoshop to construct and create the preliminary tasks and exercises, I wasn't that confident on the software and only knew how to do certain things (due to the use of Photoshop being needed within my Textiles A level), but now I am a lot more confident and have developed and can nowise this software to my advantage, by creating and editing products in order to finalise them effectively. 

Microsoft Word 2011: I used Microsoft Word to create my double page spread article so that I can see clearly any spelling mistakes I had made, grammatical errors and the layout of the text. It also allowed me too clearly keep track of my word count and ensure that it was around 750 words. Also, it allowed me too easily insert it into my photoshop document accurately due to it already bing efficiently structured on Word.

Presentation Software: 

Blogger: Blogger was the main software that I used in order too keep a blog of all of my research leading up to my final product. It allowed me too easily post and present any work, research, photos and presentations onto my blog in which my teachers and peers can read and review. I aimed to document all stages of my coursework to keep track of what I am doing, achieving and  a quick and simple way of keeping an electronic record of my process leading up to my final product. This software has been a huge help in documenting my processes and gaining feedback.  

Animoto: I used this presentation software to present my 25 word pitch and it allowed me to add music, images and text all into one presentation that changed from slide my slide automatically. I had never used Animoto before but I found it very simple and easy to use and it allowed me to create an effective and professional pitch/presentation. 

Scribd: I used Scribd to upload any written documents that I would then imbed and present onto my blog. I mainly used Scribd to upload my double page spread article due to it being a word document and so instead of copying and pasting it onto my blog, I imbedded it instead. I had never used Scribd before but I have found that it is a very easy and simple software to use and I will continue to use it for further references. 

Internet Explorer/ Google Chrome: The use of the internet was essential as it allowed me to  quickly and easily research information, gain images (such as magazine covers, contents pages, double page spreads, photographers and graphic designers) and information that would help me to finish my final product including sites such as http://www.uktribes.com/ 

Practical hardware/technology: 

Nikon D3200: This is one of medias own cameras that I used too capture my images with and I found that it was a very good quality camera and managed too capture some very good images for my piece that were clear and well produced. This camera was simple to use and allowed me to focus clearly on my model to capture their facial elements fully. I have previously used cameras like the Nikon D3200, so I could easily figure out the settings such as the flash, zoom, and focus on the camera and so when doing my shoot, I could get the images done with ease. 

Lighting: When shooting, I used around 3 soft light boxes in over too create the correct lighting onto my model; highlighting her facial features. Without the use the soft light boxes, I wouldn't of achieved the quality of photos that I did due too the flash on its own causing a shadow and too much of a brightness, and the light boxes allowed me too create a more professional shooting that created the right amount of lighting, shadow and brightness.   

1 comment:

  1. Phoebe; where is number 7?
    1. In final version, be sure to use images to further illustrate how you used/challenged conventions
    2. Spelling check vital. Look also at clothing, styling, miss-en-scene, camera angles.
    3.Say WHY more expensive clearly; is it the number of pages, the glossy paper, the exclusive features,etc etc
    4. some of the comments here need to go into Q5.
    5. Good response apart from spelling errors.
    6. Good.

    Level 2/3 but missing Q brings it down.

    ReplyDelete